Monday, December 7, 2009

Sick Baby

Conner has been pretty snotty and congested this past week. He never ran a fever, so we were just keeping an eye on things. But after two straight nights of middle of the night screaming, and tugging at his ear, we decided he had an ear infection. We took him to the doctor today. As I was telling Jessica, the nurse about what he has been acting like and his screaming fits, she said "I don't believe you." That is what I was afraid of. You call and ask them to fit you in because your baby is sick and when you get there, he starts hamming it up with the nurse and laughing at her and smiling and giving kisses. She could not believe that happy little baby had kept us up two nights in a row. She was teasing with us of course. He was trying to fool her. Thank God the inside of Conner's ear proved me right. It is amazing how he remains so HAPPY, even when he doesn't feel his best. So he has a cold and an ear infection. He is on amoxicillan now.
Steve went with us today which he doesn't usually get to do, so we went to lunch afterwards. We tried the new place called "Zoup." Yes, Zoup. It is a soup and sandwich place by the BMV on the East side. They have 12 homemade soups daily. It is a different 12 everyday. I had the chicken pot pie soup and Steve had the Lobster Bisque soup. They were both excellent. I would recommend the place if you like soup, but don't want to make it yourself. It was kinda pricey for lunch. It was $19 for the two of us. That was 1/2 soup, 1/2 sandwich, and a drink each. I was feeding Conner the juice from my chicken pot pie soup and I think we have found his favorite food. He couldn't get enough. It was hilarious. I think Zoup is his favorite restaurant. We will have to visit again.

Eating soup at Zoup. Yummy!!!!!!!

He loves the mirrors at the Doctor's office. He loves that handsome little boy that is always there. They play so well together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As the expression goes "Like Father like son." His daddy did this to us when he was a baby. So sick at home, sit in the hospital waiting room a looong time, finally get in a room and he starts to smile and giggle. They test you all the time and you got to love them.
Grandma & Grandpa