Sunday, February 21, 2010

Conner's Busy Day

The temperature Saturday was 56 degrees. Wow. We haven't seen anything even close to that in a long long time. So, we got outside some to enjoy it before it goes away.
Conner had a busy, busy day. He spent the morning with Grandma and Grandpa Elfreich while Steve worked in the shop and I ran some errands and grocery shopped. They played hard all morning. Then it was off to our house for a bath and a nap. Then, we headed to the State Hospital to feed the ducks and get some much needed fresh air. Conner rode in his wagon and didn't really get excited about the ducks. They were staying in the water and didn't get too close to him, so he couldn't really get the whole effect of feeding the State Hospital ducks.
Then, we headed to Rockport where Granddaddy Payne had the barrel train hooked up and ready to roll. Conner was too little at Patoka to ride in it. He just got to sit in it. The weather has been to bad to pull it out again. So, G-daddy got it out Saturday. Conner rode around the yard in his barrel and was just as sober as could be. I think he loved it, because he never cried. I honestly think the motion was putting him to sleep. At times, you would see his head nod. Then, Mom and I left for an engagement party in Owensboro, and the boys stayed at the house for their boys night. When mom and I got home, Conner was zonked out on the couch between dad and Steve. He slept right through getting buckled in the car seat, and then getting out of the car seat and being placed in his crib. I haven't seen him that exhausted in a long time. It was an exciting day for him.





This dozer at Grandma and G-daddy's house has become one of his favorite toys. Steve pushed him around and he made motor noises.


Barrel train





No comments: