Saturday, March 24, 2012

First Heartbreak

Friday was Isabelle's last day in the Ladybug room. She turned 3 last week and is graduating into a multi age group class. Conner and Isabelle have been together since birth starting out in the Infant room then together moving up to Ladybug. They have become best friends and boyfriend/ girlfriend.  They truly are inseparable.  Unfortunately, when Conner turns 3 in about 6 weeks, he may not be moving to Isabelle's new classroom because there are very few girls in that class now and they don't want to add any more boys to it. We will see.
So, Conner and I were discussing it Thursday night and I was trying to prepare him for Friday. They were having a Going Away party for Isabelle at school. I wanted him to understand that Friday was their last day together. He decided we should go shopping and buy her something.
We bought her a princess necklace in a pink crown box. Conner wrapped picked it out, wrapped it, and delivered it to her Friday with a card.
He was acting very weird when I picked him up Friday. He didn't want to get his picture made with Isabelle and he wasn't going to give her a hug.  Not sure if he was hurt or mad at Isabelle for leaving.
When we got home, he said, "Can Zoe come over and Play?"
I said "Zoe?, why not Isabelle?"
Conner said "No, Zoe is my friend now!"

We will have to wait and see how Monday goes!

No comments: